Committee on Ministry
The Committee on Ministry (COM) serves as pastor and counselor to Teaching Elders; facilitates relationships between congregations, Teaching Elders, and Presbytery; mediates difficulties on behalf of Presbytery; and serves as an Administrative Commission of Presbytery for the purpose of: ordaining and installing Teaching Elders and Commissioned Ruling Elders to particular pastoral service, approving terms of calls and contracts; and, examining and receiving Teaching Elders by transfer from other presbyteries for the purpose of accepting valid calls to ministry in Presbytery of Central Nebraska.
The Presbytery shall elect a moderator and eleven members to be its Committee on Ministry, of who at least five shall be teaching elders and the balance ruling elders. The General Presbyter shall serve as a resource for the committee without vote. The quorum of the committee shall be one-third of its voting members with at least one teaching elder and one ruling elder. The Committee shall elect a vice-moderator, or co-moderators, as they deem appropriate. The committee shall have these responsibilities:
- The committee is authorized to act on behalf of Presbytery to find in order calls issued by churches.
- To approve and present calls for services of ministers
- To approve the examination of teaching elders and lay pastors transferring from other Presbyteries.
- To dissolve pastoral relationships in cases where the congregation and pastor concur.
- To grant permission to labor within or outside the bounds of the Presbytery.
- To dismiss ministers to other Presbyteries, with the provision that for approval all such actions will be reported to the next Stated Meeting of Presbytery.
Terms of Call:
(Presbytery of Central Nebraska Pastoral Call Form, for Installed Pastoral Relationship)